Digital Tulip Design

Ed Clarke clarke@acheron.cilia.org
Sat Apr 29 07:36:27 2000

Donald Becker wrote:

> The only common hardware that supports multiple station addresses is the
> Digital Tulip design.  That feature isn't included in most of the Tulip
> work-alikes.

So which current production cards use this chip?  I really don't care
what they cost; the price of twenty or so cards will disapear into the
noise when compared to the other stuff we buy.  A good switch is a
couple of grand, a router twenty to thirty grand.

Which are the "good digital tulip" cards?  We're using a LOT of multicast.