Patch to 2.3.99-pre5 kernel to get Linksys card working...

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Apr 13 15:51:40 2000

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Take a look at 2.3.99-pre6-pre1 (found in /pub/linux/kernel/testing/).
> If you look at "pre6-1.bz2", the patch against 2.3.99-pre5 release, it
> should contain the various bits of CSR6 spelled out, for the 21143 chip.

This is a pointless change.  Those bits vary from chip to chip, and many
combinations are not valid.

> I am all for getting rid of magic numbers in the code.  Doing so has
> helped me spot bugs in existing drivers on more than one occasion.
> (including a specific 21041 case where I was told "getting rid of magic
> numbers doesn't help" ;-);-))

That is not correct.
The bug was in the code you changed, not in the constant.

An issue is cleaning up the structure to support the chip in a more regular
manner.  This was done almost a year ago.  The drivers after v0.91k have a
cleaner media selection struction.

Donald Becker
Scyld Computing Corporation, becker@scyld.com