Kernel debug messages for Linksys eth0 driver connected to 10/100 switch.

Blu3Viper david@kalifornia.com
Tue Apr 11 20:33:17 2000

Christopher Smith wrote:
[...]

> It looks like the device is continuously generating a link status
> interrupt, and the driver is trying to switch to 100baseTx-FD (which
> should work, but obviously is failing). This mirrors what I actually
> see on the card, the link light and the FD light are blinking
> consistently.
>
> Now the 0.90f modified driver I get from Linksys actually successfully
> negotiates 100baseTx-FD, so the kernel driver is starting on the right
> path, but somehow the link is not occurring. Does anyone have any
> bright ideas as to when/where the problem might be?

I have a [dim] idea.  grab a TRENDnet (model TE-800) and it'll work.  I have one of these too and this is the
-only- other piece of equipment it'll negotiate a link with and pass traffic.

-d