tulip-diag

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Apr 6 16:42:13 2000

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, B Mohrgan Pratten wrote:

> Donald Becker, is there any documentation on all the things that
> tulip-diag can do?  I keep reading on the list of new things that
> tulip-diag can be used for and would like to know all the different
> functions the program is capable of.  Is there a web page / man page etc
> for tulip-diag and/or mii-diag?

Yes, the web page is at
  http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html

This describes the features common to most of the Scyld-produced diagnostics
programs.

Some diagnostic programs have special (usually dangerous!) capabilities that
are not documented.  One of these is that the Tulip diag knows how to update
the bogus EEPROM of the Intel 21143 CardBus card with the proper MAC address
and a working media table.  Using this feature will permanently update the
card.  It should not be run casually.

Donald Becker
Scyld Computing Corporation, becker@scyld.com