skbuff errors with new tulip driver under linuxppc

Raj Taneja taneja.5@osu.edu
Wed Sep 15 04:08:41 1999

I have a Motorola Starmax with a PowerPC 604 processor running LinuxPPC
R4. In it I have installed 2 Asante 10/100 PCI ethernet cards. One is
based on the Digital chipset, the other on the PNIC chipset. The Digital
one worked fine with the de4x5 driver, but the newer one requires use of
the v0.91j++ tulip driver to work at all. Since the new tulip driver
detects both cards, I decided to use it alone. Anytime any network
traffic is sent over either interface (eth0 or eth1), I get nonstop
errors at the console to the following effect:

eth0: Internal fault: The skbuff addresses do not match in tulip_rx:
d0986401 vs. c1649800 / c1649810.

This happens with both interfaces and with various addresses. This
basically slows my network to a crawl (one of the cards is connected to
a cable modem, the other to my hub. The machine is doing masquerading
for my internal network). I am using kernel 2.2.10 with the new tulip
driver. How can this problem be fixed?

Thanks.

raj