Performance

Brian Leeper qaz@doubled.com
Sun Oct 17 15:53:53 1999

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Ed Clarke wrote:

> low for some reason - crappy splitters for example.  If you bought a
> splitter at Radio Shack, it may not pass back the low return channels
> ( < 40 MHZ ) without serious degradation.  Your modem may be turned down

As I recall, the last time I bought a Radio Shack splitter it said "5-900
MHz" on it. I take this to mean it should pass anything between 5 and
900MHz without degradation.

Most splitters I've seen specify a frequency range--something to check.

If someone's put a high-pass filter in the coax line to prevent HAM/CB
interference, this would degrade the return frequencies as well.

Brian