Kingston 2114x

Geoffrey Deasey jeff@server1.netpath.net
Sat May 29 07:02:33 1999

> > Subject: Kingston 2114x
> > I have a mail server exhibiting a strange problem
> >           TX packets:460106 errors:341 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:341
> > every time the carrier and errors on the TX goes up the entire machine
> > stalls for 5-30 seconds.  Any Idea what might cause this ?
>
> You should be getting error messages in the log file each time this occurs.

strangly I am not

> What driver version are you using?

0.88 and 0.90z <-- currently

I get stalls somethime without the error count going up.
The other thing is that the onlt tx errors I get are the carrier.

> Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
> USRA-CESDIS, Center of Excellence in Space Data and Information Sciences.
> Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
> 301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html

 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/   __      o
 (jeff@linuxemail.com)    | H U    ...because lockups are for convicts...
 (deasey@netpath.net)     | A X
 (redhat@netpath.net) HOME| T