21143:Asymmetric result

devdrvr devdrvr@davis.com
Sat Jul 10 21:46:42 1999

Donald,

With the 21143-TD or PD what is the right way to specify to one versus the
other?  I have a MII transceiver on a CardBus card (I think) and I want to make
it work.  What is the official way to know for your PHY which one you are
dealing with; glean it from the manual is my guess?

Do you know a place that discusses the history of the transceiver types?

Thanks,
--Lu Gregg
Device Driver Programmer
Davis, CA