Accton en1207

M.Brands shrike@charm.il.fontys.nl
Fri Jan 29 23:54:25 1999

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Alan Jones wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a Accton en1207 card that has an old eeprom, it has a 21140-AC
> chipset, and it dosent seem to be working... I have the newest driver
> (.90f) installed and it detects it on boot, but when my box gets to the
> IPv4 packet forwarding part of it's boot, the computer sits for about 5
> min, then the card reports that it is changing modes, then it goes on 2
> mins later and complains about bad addresses. ifconfig reports about 1
> TX error a second, no RX anything errors or packets... any
> suggestions???

We've had an Accton EN1207 (w/ bnc) for more than a year and it has been
working flawlessly, both with Linux (2.0.x & 2.1.x) en FreeBSD (2.2.7). So
it's probably not a driver problem.

The delay is probably caused by the card autosensing for the signal. You
could force the driver to use a specific media. That should take care of
the delays.

Mathijs