Linksys Cardbus performance (new)

Douglas Eadline deadline@plogic.com
Thu Feb 25 18:03:02 1999

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Nicholas Jenkins wrote:

> Good Day, ALL:
>
> Today, I put Mr. Becker's latest csr0 option to the test.
> I found that using .90q instead of .90p today brought
> my performance values more in line with what other
> people have been finding.  (Also of note is that I discoverd
> yesterday some router problems we were having for the
> last few days - which may also have had an effect on my
> prior statistics.)
>
> At any rate, I ran multitudinous FTPs over the last hour,
> and the following are my results:
You may want to use something designed to measure network
performance like netperf of netpipe. (see previous postings
for sources).

-Doug

> *) In general it would appear (as Mr. Becker had noted in a prior
>     posting) that at least for the Linksys, bit 24 being set to "1"
>     hurts - at least for settings below "C000" - except "0000" -
>     which is an odd case.
> *) In general, it would not appear (based on my new numbers)
>     that adding the "burst limit" particularly helps (or hurts)
> *) In general I found that my best setting is roughly "00A0C000",
>     although it was very little different from any of the following:
>     00A04000
>     00A04800
>     00A08000
>     00A09000
>     00A0E000
>     00A00000
>     01A0C000
>     01A0E000
>     01A00000
>
> Here are my numbers, in kilobytes/sec.  (for the large numbers,
> I would say that any difference of <= ~100K is not significant, since
> our hubbed network traffic is "bursty".):

> [...]

Paralogic, Inc.           |     PEAK     |      Voice:+610.861.6960
115 Research Drive        |   PARALLEL   |        Fax:+610.861.8247
Bethlehem, PA 18017 USA   |  PERFORMANCE |    http://www.plogic.com