Problems with LinkSys 10/100 cards

Brian Denheyer briand@deldotd.com
Thu Feb 4 02:28:45 1999

    Steve> STOP transmit Interrupt occured and show the message. We can remove the
    Steve> Stop Tx code in the pnic_timer routine to reduce the message show.

    Steve> 2058a2059
    Steve>               outl(tp->csr6 | 0x0002, ioaddr + CSR6);     /* Restart Tx
    Steve> */
    Steve>               outl(tp->csr6 | 0x2002, ioaddr + CSR6);   (orginal)
    Steve> ---
    Steve>               outl(tp->csr6 | 0x2002, ioaddr + CSR6);   (new)

This patch was a little confusing, here is what I used for the code :

		tp->csr6 = new_csr6;
		outl(tp->csr6 | 0x2002, ioaddr + CSR6);
		dev->trans_start = jiffies;

Is this what you intended ?

I installed the rest of the patches for the different registers.
There is no performance improvement.  I STILL see performance of about
1Mbyte/s.  I just can't seem to do any better, it's almost as if the
chip keeps configuring for 10base instead of 100base.

I also tried running one of my boxes under win98 so that I was using
the "official" linksys driver and still do NOT see anything better
than 1.5Mbyte/s.

??

Brian