Trouble with LNE100TX card (resolved!)

Bob recbo@erols.com
Fri Dec 3 14:18:51 1999

Jay Salmonson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Success!!  I figured out my problem.  I currently use "loadlin" to boot
> Linux from Win98.......
>
> So Windows buggers something up that isn't reset when booting into
> Linux.

Windows again, so there's our insect joke for the day.

Generally it's a good idea to do a cold reboot to refresh cards
if there is a problem. This is necessary with sound cards. One
more thing to try when debugging. Of course you can't do that
if can't load linux first.

"man lilo" for how to boot menu between win and linux

"chos" is a linux package for a boot menu.

I have System Commander for boot menu on one pc
because I was moving from win to linux. Costs money.

-Bob