Linksys PNIC II glitches

Bryan Stillwell arcane@verinet.com
Thu Dec 2 16:43:39 1999

If you're having problems with your LNE100TX card with a PNIC II chipset I
would recommend reading the thread that I started "Problems with LNE100TX"
from http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-tulip/1999-Sep/.  After putting
much work into figuring out why I was having problems, I was actually able
to help Donald fix a bug in the driver and my nic started working in
linux!  :)

Pretty much all you have to do to get a PNIC II card working is to get the
newest drivers from:

ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/

I believe the files you will need are:
tulip.c
pci-netif.c
pci-netif.h
k_compat.h

Follow the instructions at the end of each file for compiling procedure.
There's a misprint at the bottom of pci-netif.c that lists a file
pci-scan.c, but it really needs to be pci-netif.c.

After you compile both of them to a .o file, just do:
insmod pci-netif.o
insmod tulip.o

After that the card seems to work fine for me.  I've only been using it on
a 10BaseT network, but I'm going to upgrade to 100TX soon to see how well
it works with that.

If you have any other questions on how to get it working, I'll be glad to
help.

Bryan