Linksys EtherFast 10/100 lockup problem

Brian Pruss prussbw@rose-hulman.edu
Tue Apr 13 20:05:15 1999

I just got done reading about Mr. Chen's difficulties with the
networking on his system locking up and noticed that they are remarkably
similar to my own. My system has a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PCI ethernet
card, and I'm running Linux kernel 2.2.5 with tulip.c version .90z. It
lives on a very crowded network in a dorm (10BaseT / TCP/IP, IPX,
multiple simultaneous network games using god-knows-what), and I
periodically find I need to restart networking because it seems to have
locked up.  I saw that Mr. Chen seems to have solved his problems by
setting an option to 13. Forgive me for being thick, but how do I do
that, and what does this option signify? My driver is compiled into my
kernel, not as a module, and I've never seen any option setting
commands. Thanx in advance...

bp