Multiple PCI devices on the same IRQ: kernel or driver?

Greg Lindahl lindahl@cs.virginia.edu
Mon Nov 30 16:31:52 1998

> I recently purchased a Netgear FA310TX card and have been having the
> same problem as Erik Beck, namely my BIOS insists on putting all of my
> PCI devices on IRQ 10 and does not give me any control over the
> situation.

Since I have video, SCSI ,and myrinet cards, I've had a problem with
this. My best solution was to disable the second IDE chain, which
freed up an IRQ. Since you started with one fewer device than I had, I
have no idea if your BIOS is just terminally screwed or not.

-- g