Ambicom amb8100 cardbus 10/100 ethernet

Charles Galpin cgalpin@lighthouse-software.com
Mon Nov 30 13:23:42 1998

Hi all

It looks like I made the (increasingly difficult  to make) mistake of buying
an unsupported ethernet card, the

Ambicom amb8100 cardbus 10/100 ethernet

Say it isn't so! It uses the DEC21143, although I called Ambicon tech
support and they are supprised that other DOS software that supports this
chipset works on their card!

Anyway, they say they are working on a Linux driver, but it's low on their
priority list - they are getting calls about Linux support though:) When
asked if they were working with Linux developers, they said no, because they
have some proprietary info or something they don't want to share.

With that said, I see there is a tulip module out there. Can this be used
with card services? If so, how? I have Redhat 5.1, kernel 2.0.35,
pcmcia-cs-3.0.0  I plan on upgrading to pcmcia-cs-3.0.6

Please someone tell me they have this working!

Thanks
Charles

-- Charles Galpin  <cgalpin@lighthouse-software.com>