Who now

Robert G. Brown rgb@phy.duke.edu
Thu Nov 5 18:01:04 1998

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Maurice Hilarius wrote:

> So, from our tests, and other reports the Lite-on based boards ( current
> Netgear, etc.) are having problems. As reported the performance is not as
> good, and sometimes the transceiver stops.
>
> So the $20,000 question:
> Who is now making an economical tulip-based card these days???
> DLink DFE500 is end-of-life, Netgear is changed, hmmm..

I don't know who makes it, but I got two tulip cards from Intrex that
worked flawlessly from the second I got them (with 0.89-something).
When I get home I'll look for the box and see if I can give you a
manufacturer but they are pretty generic...

Linksys cards apparently work pretty well at $30-40 as well, again with
very recent tulip drivers only.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu