does ANA-6944A/TX + RedHat 5.1 (2.0.42) work?

John Munoz jmunoz1@uswest.net
Sat Oct 31 19:36:18 1998

I am planning on setting up a machine as a ftp and http server, and was
considering the Cogent adaptec boards (6944 or 6922).  I need two or
more eth devices.

Does anyone have feedback on whether this will be difficult to
configure?  Do these work moderately well?  Are there any got-cha's with
either board?  I have found one (6922) for 270$, which is not bad.  If
you are using one successfully, I would be interested in your
configuration (driver, linux version/brand, throughput, etc). I
understand the Matrox multi-port boards are a real pain.

PS: Being on the tulip list, I see these mentioned occasionally, but I
only hear about the problems, not the successes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

remove spam.blk from email address to reply directly.  If you wish to
mail me directly, I will summarize responses and post to the list
later.  Thanks!