oversized frame warnings

David Mandala davidm@them.com
Tue Aug 18 16:03:30 1998

Oddly enough I've seen this too, but it seemed to be coming from my Cisco
router. I put a 2 port switch in between my Cisco router and the 10/100
BaseT hub and the probme went way.

I use the 3Com 10/100 BaseT Autosensing hubs and I noticed that what ever
was coming in from the Cisco would lock up the hubs sometimes! Since I put
in the switch I've never had any more problems and I've had no more error
messages. The problem was reported to Cisco with no response from them.

Just for fun if you have a Cisco router attached to the hub put a switch in
between it and the hub and see what happens.

David Mandala

Quoting Liem Bahneman (roland@cobaltgroup.com):