Adapatec - ANA6911A/TX Combo - 10Base2 problem

Bruce Robertson labman@ecr.mu.oz.au
Thu Aug 13 19:19:36 1998

	OK,,

 Had a few replies on this and have finally got an
 Adaptec ANA6911A/TX Combo card working on both
 media ports...

 The diff to apply to tulip.c-089K is,,,,

31c31
< static int options[MAX_UNITS] = {11, };
---
> static int options[MAX_UNITS] = {0, };
310c310
< 	HAS_MII | HAS_MEDIA_TABLE | ALWAYS_CHECK_MII | HAS_ACPI, tulip_timer },
---
> 	HAS_MII | HAS_MEDIA_TABLE | ALWAYS_CHECK_MII | HAS_ACPI, t21142_timer },
733d732
< 		outl(inl(ioaddr+CSR15) & ~(0x800037c0),ioaddr+CSR15);

 And this works for me. Refer to my original post for configuration
 of my system(s).

 NOW,,

 To complete my story,

 When Installing Debian Linux 2.0 from the Official CDs, and I
 apply this driver to it I compile fine without error messages
 but when I try to load the driver I get a message similar to

 " This driver has been compiled for version 2.0.33 kernel
        your are running kernel 2.0.34 "
 Ho Hum,

 looked at /usr/include/linux/version.h and sure enough 2.0.33
 so I had to install the source and headers packages from the
 Official CDs and make a minor link change and then recompile.

 Get compile warnings but the driver with the diff above applied
 works...

 BUT my compile is not clean...
 So I was fighting this on two fronts.

 All OK for now.

 Hope this information helps the devel team..

 Oh Yeah,,,

 I still get about a 15 second delay before any REAL
 traffic can be done (IE ping >IP< via a UTP port)
 immediately after reboot, I connect via UTP to
 a BAY networks Accelar1200 Layer 3 switch...

 Whereas a 10base2 link works immediately upon reboot.

 I am putting this down to negotiation dialog between the BAY
 and Adaptec/tulip driver....

 Bruce