[scyld-users] intel etherpro 100 problems

Barry, Garrett garrett.barry at sycamorenet.com
Wed Nov 1 08:03:06 PST 2006

Hi,

I am seeing MAC address corruption problems in the eeprom of the 82559. We see the MAC address corruption
after we modify the sleep bit of the eeprom configuration. Anyone ever see issues simular to this ??
we are using the eepro100-diag.c stuff to modify the eeprom. Only a single byte of the MAC address stored in the
eeprom is corrupted. We see this after a system has been up and running for a very long time. All of a sudden
can't communicate to the port and see a bads mac address in the eeprom.