[scyld-users] Fortran code execution on compute node

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Mon Aug 22 09:11:31 PDT 2005

Which version of scyld are you using?

There used to be a bug that I ran into with Amber, that when executing
a file that resided in a different directory than my current working
directory,
it would open input files from the current directory on the master, but from
the executables directory on the compute node. So it behaved differently
on the master than on the compute node.

I had called it with mpirun ../../bin/foo

The workaround until it was fixed was to do a link of the binary into my
data directory where I wanted it to execute, so I could call it with
mpirun ./foo instead.

This was without the complication of having some directories local and
some shared by NFS but it might still be the same issue.

Michael Will