[scyld-users] AMD - 760MPX support

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Thu Dec 5 18:30:03 PST 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Robin Laing wrote:

> As I am new to cluster design and usage, I am in the process of
> specifing hardware for some new nodes running Scyld software.
>
>  From the Scyld Hardware Compatibility List, the AMD 760MP is listed
> as being supported, what about the 760MPX?  This is important as I
> have seen reports of major improvements in speeds with the MPX or MP.

The MPX motherboard should work, but we didn't have one at the start of
the testing cycle for our previous release so it didn't make the list.

In general, all motherboards should work.  But there can be specific
problems (e.g. the IDE controllers on a few recent P4 motherboards,
unsupported SCSI RAID controllers) that we cannot predict unless we have
run on the specific system.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993