[realtek] Problem

ROBERT JAMES dick_11 at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 18:12:26 PDT 2004

can any one help me with my realtec rtl8139 it came with my sony vaio computer it's built in.
here what I have a problem with.
I'm trying to connect to a router, but the card will not see the router, it automaticly assignes a ip address of 169.254.147.57
I can't change it. at one time I was able to connect to the router, and the router assigned a ip 192.168.0.101. then about three days later, it changed and I can't change it back, and that means I can't connect to the router, nor can I use the wireless internet. I'm back to using a dial up.
any help of what to do?
I know all the cables work, as I connected all the wire etc to a different computer, and it came right up, using ip 192.168.0.104
I've disabled network card, downloaded new drivers, no changes thanks