[realtek] rtl8139 problem

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Sep 3 09:52:01 2002

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Roberto De Leo wrote:

> >Home-made or commercially made?
> >
> They are home-made, but now I tried also with a commercial one I have
> and the net behaviour is exactly the same :-(
>
> >This sounds like corrupted packets.  You would get much higher speeds
> >even with a duplex mismatch.
> >
> Is there any test I can do to understand what is going on?

Turn on a higher message level.  Enable NETIF_MSG_RX_ERR (along with a
few other message types) by doing
  mii-diag --msg-level 0x0047
or by loading the driver with a higher debug level:
echo "options rtl8139  debug=31" >> /etc/modules.conf

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993