[realtek] [PCMCIA] Realtek 8139 was not assigned an IRQ

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Oct 31 20:42:13 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Bram Platel wrote:

> I use debian GNU linux, and I downloaded and compiled the rtl8139.c and
> pci-scan.c files according to the docs on the website
> (http://www.scyld.com/network/rtl8139.html).
>
> So far so good. Everything is going nicely up to the point where the module is
> to be installed.
>
> At that point I get the message: "PCI device '...' was not assigned an IRQ"
> "It will not be activated"

It may be that the message is harmless.

What is the IRQ assignment a few seconds after inserting the card?

The CardBus code
   enables the device,
   loads the driver,
   assigns IRQs,
   then calls the driver's probe routine.

You might notice the ordering problem with the above step, considering
that my drivers scan for all supported devices when they load.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993