[realtek] WOL with rtl8139C

Johannes Buchinger johannes.buchinger@chello.at
Wed Oct 23 08:35:02 2002

Maybe a stupid newbie question ... so feel free to kick me :)

I try to get Wake on LAN working with
- rtl8139C chip NIC (company labeled "Level-A")
- freshly installed (and so far great working) rtl8139.o V1.20
  (red hat kernel 2.4.18)
- rater oldish mainboard (gigabyte 6bxc, but yes, it has WOL support)

WOL - cable is attached, Bios settings enabled, only soft reset. It's just
that the network card doesn't seem to monitor the network (i guess the
status light should be on ?)

Before I try something else (changing power supply, whatever ...), a basic
question:
Does the RTL8239 driver support WOL at all ? Does it set the NICs
WOL-Config, or is there a possibility or even the need to manually enable
the WOL-Config (for instance via Donald's diag-tool) ?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx Johannes