[realtek] Debian 2.2r5 PPC + 8139 help needed

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Mar 8 19:32:01 2002

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, xEN wrote:

> I'm running a fresh install of Debian 2.2r5 on a PPC box with a realtek
> 8139 nic, and i'm having a few problems getting the install done.
>
> i've got the following in /usr/src/modules/drivers/
>
> rtl8139.c
> pci-scan.c
> pci-scan.h
> kern_compat.h
>
> i'm running
>
> gcc -DMODULE -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c rtl8139.c

Try using the Makefile from the same directory.  I keep adding new tests
to try to find the correct kernel header files, and the distributions
keep moving them around.

In general you need to have the kernel source installed and add
   -I/usr/src/linux-2.*/include
to the compile line.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993