[realtek] Re: HOWTO: compile rtl8193.c and pci-scan.c as a module under 2.4.18

msimons@moria.simons-clan.com msimons@moria.simons-clan.com
Thu Jun 27 18:28:01 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 12:07:38PM -0400, Donald Becker wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:
> >   I saw on your site that I needed to download a number of other
> > files.  After adding "-I/usr/src/linux/include" I was able to
> > get both rtl8139.c and pci-scan.c to compile... the problem was with
> > "pci-scan.c:v1.08 9/28/2001" not being able to load at runtime.
>
> This fix was actually implemented on January 26, 2002, but I didn't
> update the version number on pci-scan.c.
> A result of this is that the version in the test directory was updated,
> but the version in the main directory was not.  (Except in the

  Oh... I guess this is why so many other people seemed to be having
problems, but you weren't responding.  You thought it was fixed, and
they didn't provide any traces of what was happening other (in my
skimming all I saw was a bunch of complaining about how they couldn't
build).

> Now fixed

  Thank you very much.
    Mike