[realtek] 8139too unstable

rudy.zijlstra@philips.com rudy.zijlstra@philips.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:03:23 +0200

Hi all,

I've got a server running Kernel 2.4.4 with ReiserFS knfsd patch. It's got two NIC's:

eepro100
rtl8139 (till recently)

One of the functions is MP3 server. Its also a router between the two NIC's and couples a test-network with a measuring network.
All went well until I started putting a consistent load by way of the rtl8139. At that point I got consistent hard hangs. It would happen within about half an hour, nothing in the logs. No reaction any more on any input:
- no reaction from network (eepro100)
- no reaction from rtl8139 side
- no reaction on keyboard

Sounds like other reports I've read.

So if I get an updated version with a good chance of being good i am willing to test. I am not able to test just all and evertying on this server, it being a production machine.

Regards,

Rudy Zijlstra
Philips DVS PS
DOCSIS Test