[realtek] Problem with Accton EN1207D-TX

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 03:35:09 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Ville Herva wrote:

> Subject: [realtek] Problem with Accton EN1207D-TX
>
> I'm unable to get the rtl8129.o working for an EN1207D-TX (the one HP
> ships with their Kayak PC workstations):
> 01:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Accton Technology Corporation: Unknown device
> 1210

Oh no, not another unique ID.
Although this one really looks like a corrupted low-order bit in the EEPROM,
not actually a new device ID.

> lspci -vv:

Please try this with "-n" to verify the numbers.

Also, please try
  rtl8139-diag -p 0xa800 -ee

No current driver will recognize this card.
Adding the table entry is trivial, but I won't do it to the distributed
version until we verify that this is not just a hardware or EEPROM
programming problem.

> Of course the card works in NT (albeit its driver is buggy). Lists the
> following information: IRQ 9, IO range A800-A8FF. (The same as lspci.)
> What should I do? From the archive, I see that people have had success
> with cards that appear as "Accton Technology Corporation: Unknown device
> 1211" in lspci. Is this 1210 thing supported?

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993