[realtek] setting autoconf speed to 10 even with reboot?

Daniel Harker danielharker@hotmail.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 12:06:25 -0700

Hey,

I am using the Dlink-538DFE ethernet card and using the rtl8139 kernel
driver.

When it loads on my computer it autonegotiates to 100base.  My network only
works on 10base, or else I get errors.

How do I set it permenantly to 10baseT?  I got the mii-diag program and
types mii-diag -A 10baseT, but it only went down to 10baseT until I
rebooted... then it went right back to 100base.

IS there some command with mii-diag that can write the eeprom permenently?

Is there some other way to set the autonegotiation abilities down?  Can I
use a kernel option?  If so, what is it?

Thank you all so much for reading this letter,  I am desperate,
THANX
danielharker@hotmail.com