[realtek] D-Link DFE-538TX/R

John Roberts jroberts@surf.sno.laurentian.ca
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:58:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Anton et al,

> <cut>
> >=20
> > My SBLive is also using IRQ5.
> >=20
> > This all looks like I don't actually have an RTL-8139, right?
>
> I have Repotec card with 8139 and solve the same problem
> moving the card on different pci slot to use other IRQ not
> shared with other devices.=20
>
> BR,
> Anton Todorv

Aha, this did the trick.  Slots 1&5 on my motherboard share the same IRQ; slot
1 has my SBLive and slot 5 had the DLink.  I moved the DLink over to slot 4,
and everything is happy now.

Interestingly enough, after moving the card, the PCI ID now shows up as
1186:1300, so no kernel modifications are necessary.

Thanks everybody for your help!  I've never seen an IRQ conflict cause so much
grief in Linux before -- I thought PCI was supposed to be able to share IRQ's.

Cheers, John