[realtek] debian 2.2.17

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:25:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Rick Griffith wrote:

> I have 2 realtek 8139 in my debian 2.2 box. When it tried to remove the
> PCMCIA packages the machine froze up. It said eth0: PCI Bus error over and
> over. I change the PCI latency back to the defaults in the BOIS. It was set
> on 80, now on 0. Both cards seem to function fine and it removed the PCMCIA
> package already. What is the cause and how does the PCI latency effect this
> chipset exactly.?

What driver version are you using?

The current driver has a check to prevent a missing card from triggering
spurious error messages, such as reporting a PCI Bus error.

That code has been in the driver since the Cardbus support was added.  There
was a bug fix in v1.08s about six months ago:

----------------------------
Revision 1.21
date: 2000/04/08 06:31:05;  author: becker;  state: Exp;  lines: +41 -30
v1.08s 3/20/2000
Use CONFIG_SMP/CONFIG_MODVERSIONS to set __SMP__/MODVERSIONS.
Include the correct spinlock.h file based on kernel version.
Various documentation wording improvements.
Remove the bogus SiS 900 and SiS 7016 table entries.
Add the PCI_HOTSWAP flag to support CardBus cards.
Corrected the no-hardware status from 0xffffffff to 0xffff.
Call  dev_close(dev)  instead of  rtl8129_close(dev) when the card is detached.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403