[realtek] Compilation problem

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, B. Atashband wrote:
> At 02:29 PM 9/11/00 -0400, Donald Becker wrote:
> >On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, B. Atashband wrote:
> >
> > > Boot up messages indicate that the card picks IRQ 0.
> >
> >Change your BIOS setup:
> >  http://www.scyld.com/expert/irq-conflict.html
>
> Changes that could be done on the BIOS of my machine (HP Pavilion 6740)
> proved to be inconsequential in this regard.
> It seems they are tightly designed for Win98.
> Soooo with an IRQ of 0 and broken heart!, I thank you all for listening and
> especially Mr. Becker for his invaluable help.
>
> In search of another NIC, perhaps another computer   -Barry

Another NIC will not help (unless it's an ancient ISA model).
The BIOS *does* have a setting for this.  Really.  It must.

When you find the setting, write a neat paragraph and I'll add it to the web
page.  (Actually, the "IRQ0" problem is common enough that it should get its
own web page.)

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403