[realtek] compiling rtl8139 for 2.4 kernel?

Karl Bellve Karl.Bellve@umassmed.edu
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:42:34 -0400

I looked over the archives and saw only one answer for this, which was
to use the 8139too driver. I would rather stay with Donald Becker's
driver. Is there a patch for rtl8139 to use with the latest kernels?

I am building a file server to use with our Alpha Beowulf system (32
node 21264 with myrinet). This file server is using 2 promise Ultra100
IDE controller cards controller 4 75GB drives, which is why I need to
use the 2.4 kernel.

So, is there a patch for rtl1839.c or do I need to use 8139too?

TIA

--
Cheers,

Karl Bellve, Ph.D.                   ICQ # 13956200
Biomedical Imaging Group             TLCA# 7938
University of Massachusetts
Email: Karl.Bellve@umassmed.edu
Phone: (508) 856-6514
Fax:   (508) 856-1840