[realtek] Packages 4 bytes to large

Markus Westergren markus@mcab.se
Fri, 26 May 2000 09:59:29 +0200

Hi
My RTL8139B NIC reports a packet size which is 4 bytes to large. I
traced the problem
down to the driver, the 'rx_status' variable in the function
'rtl8129_rx' gets the wrong value.

I'm trying to set up a bridge using a computer (Celeron 533, Soyo
all-in-one mobo) with a onboard RTL8139B NIC and a PCI RTL8139B.
Switched the PCI RTL with a 3C905 and it reports the correct packet
sizes. So the problem with the RTL is either in the driver or in the
hardware.

I have seen more questions about this in the list archive, but I found
no reply. Is there a solution to this problem or do I have to change
computer?

Thanks

/Markus