[realtek] Realtek 8139 Problems with Slackware

sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:58:26 +0900

> Hi, I'm running under Slackware 7.0 using kernel 2.2.16 and trying to =
> get my realtek card to work.  I used the driver located at your page, =
> and when i try insmod rtl8139.o i get the following:
> unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
> unresolved symbol pci_drv_register
>
> what's going on, whats wrong?  Can someone please help?

You need to install the pci-scan module in addition to the rtl8139
module.  The source for pci-scan is also available from Donald
Becker's website if you don't already have it.

If you install the pci-scan module into your modules directory,
run "depmod -a" and then "modprobe rtl8139" the kernel will work
out the dependencies for itself.

BTW, when you send mail to a mailing list, please send plain text.
HTML mail is harder to read.

Eric