[realtek] device or resource busy error with rtl8139 driver

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:22:31 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Tiago Pedroso wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a Conceptronic CON100TC pcmcia card with the
> rtl8139 driver following the instructions on conceptronic inclosed
> documentation.

Note that a RTL8139 card is a CardBus card, not a PCMCIA card.
The generic name is "PC Card".

   (They *really* did a bad job on the naming.  Just when people got used to
   "PCMCIA"...)

> All goes well until the insmod... which reports 'device or
> resource busy'... and it should insmod correctly as stated by
> Conceptronic... :)

You shouldn't be running 'insmod'.  All module manipulation should be
handled by the PCMCIA control code.

Try the instructions at
  http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html
instead.

It might be easier to just update your entire PCMCIA package from
David Hinds' PCMCIA package source:
    ftp://sourceforge.org/pub/pcmcia/*

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993