Problems with second D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI Adapter

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sun Apr 30 11:31:11 2000

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Nick Zentena wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Tom Epperly wrote:

>> I've got a Debian Potato system with the 2.2.14 kernel.  I want to set
>> up IP masq, so I can connect a second system via the Linux box.  I
>> bought two D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI NICs.  They came with RTL8139 drivers.
>> My current kernel had a more recent reversion of the rtl8139.c driver
>> (v1.07), so I am using that one.

You might want to try a more recent driver, such as v1.09 from
  http://www.scyld.com/network/index.html
   http://www.scyld.com/network/rtl8139.html
   ftp://scyld.com/pub/network/

> 	Is that the same driver as the Via-Rhine? That's the driver
> running on my two boxes. Works fine.

No, they deliberately kept the part numbers almost the same
      DFE-530  via-rhine  (original board, no Wake-on-LAN, no problems)
      DFE-530+ rtl8139    (a 8139B w/ Wake-on-LAN)

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Scyld Computing Corporation
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210
Annapolis MD 21403