realtek 8129/8139 nic driver for Linux

sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu
Thu Sep 30 14:18:31 1999

> I tried this driver and I am unable to connect to my cable modem with this
> card.  It seems that it doesn't communicate correctly with the default
> gateway.

Setting the gateway is not a function of the ethernet driver.  That's the
job of the kernel's TCP/IP stack.  The driver is responsible only for the
network link layer.

> If you need more information let me know and I will try to get
> more information for you.

What symptoms are you experiencing?  What messages do you see?  What are
the status of any led's on the card and/or modem?  Are you using a hub?
What kind of cable are you using, straight or cross-over?

You'll need to be a lot more specific before someone will be able to help you.

Eric