system lockup with RTL8139

Puneet Goel puneet@scsolutions.com
Thu Sep 16 19:05:11 1999

Hi

I am using the RTL8139 on a single board computer using RT-Linux. The
system works fine mostly but once in a while it just locks up. Nothing
can get the system going except powering down and up. I have not been
able to get a pattern going. The data transfer is pretty large but not
huge.

At other times telnet session takes several minutes to get started and
existing telnet sessions go really slow. The console works just fine and
top shows little system load.

It is ceratin that this is a problem with the network software as I am
able to run the same code on an identical system with the only
difference being that the network chip there is RTL8029.

Can you guess what it may be? A settings problem or a bug in the driver
code.

thanks,
Puneet