problem

Donald Becker becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 12 16:05:12 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, John L Thompson wrote:

> When I issue my "insmod rlt8139.o" command I get an error - "init_module:
> Device or resource busy"
>
> I am logged in as root.  I am fairly new to Linux and I am stumped.

This means that no matching device has been found.  (I wish the 'insmod'
maintainer would change this message -- I'm returning ENODEV, not EBUSY.)

Check that you have a device of the correct type.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html