Config about the rtl8139

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 12 14:03:48 1999

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 kelvin.pun@jsa.com.hk wrote:

> Subject: Config about the rtl8139
> Due to some problem I need to config my network to half duplex.
> How can i know the network card is running at full duplex or half
> duplex?

By default the card runs at half duplex.
Full duplex is used only if
  -- it is autonegotatiated http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/misc/NWay.html
  -- it is forced with a module option

You can verify the hardware setting with 'rtl-diag'
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/diag/index.html

> Furthermore, can I config my network card to run half duplex only?

You can advertise only half duplex link types with 'mii-diag -A 0x00C1'
See
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/diag/index.html

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html