[netdrivers] Problem establishing an Ethernet Connection

francois.baert francois.baert at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 7 13:00:31 PST 2005

Hello,

o.s. RedHat 9.0  Connectland Ethernet network adapter PCI Realtek 10/100TX
kernel 2.4.20-6.

To configure the ethernet link to an other machin I have done those
different trials:
Realtek RTL 8129 adapter
Realtek RTL-8139+series
Realtek RTL-8139 SMC EZ card
PCI NE 2000 clones.
Eahc time I obtain this the same error:
/sbin/modprobe ne2k-pci can't be execute
/lib/modules/2.4.20-6/kernel/drivers/net/ne2k-pci. init_module. No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.20-6/kernel/drivers/net/ne2k-pci. insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.20-6/kernel/drivers/net/ne2k-pci.o failed
lib/modules/2.4.20-6/kernel/drivers/net/ne2k-pci failed
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You may find more information in syslog or the
output from dmesg.

What kind of error am I doing, Do I use a wrong network adapter ??
All the drivers are in the right directory.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me !!!

Thanks
Francois Baert