Problem with SuSe-Linux 5.3

Alexander Meurer meurer@amsoft.de
Thu Apr 8 09:13:20 1999

Hi!

I'm using SuSe-Linux 5.3 and a SMC PCI EtherPower 9432TX card.
I found out, that I have to use the epic100-module.

But when I start my system, I get the following message:
eth0: SMC EPIC/100 at 0xe400, IRQ 10, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff.
eth0: ***WARNING***: No MII transceiver found!

By now I'm working with a very cheap 10Base-T hub.
But in the near future I will upgrade to a 100Base-TX Hub with
full-duplex.

I tried to configure the module as follows:
debug=1 options=4 full_duplex=0

What's wrong?

Regards
  Alexander Meurer