[eepro100] Kernel 2.6.23 - wait_for_cmd_done - troubles with this nic and a old 10Mb hub.

topo gigio purpe83 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 13:16:11 PST 2007

Hi to all,
 i have an old thinkpad T23 with an "Intel® PRO/100 VE Network" integrated nic, with all 100Mb based Hubs or Switches there aren't troubles, but when i use an old 10Mb hub, my nic stop working correctly.
I use gentoo with kernel , the eepro100 module give me these errors:
eth0: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit time out
eth0: Transmit timed out: status 0050 0c80 at 410/470 command 000c0000 .
eth0: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!

The nic hang randomly when i use rsync, or use a browser, or an irc client,
any idea?

I'll try to looking for the maintainer Andrey V. Savochkin, to ask him about that, but the domain of the e-mail in module information seems to be down.

Bye to all.