[eepro100] EEpro100, Red Hat 7.1, wait_for_cmd_done timeout errors

Jim Hribnak hribnak@nucleus.com
Sun Feb 16 05:19:29 2003

I had this problem with numerous nics running under RH 7.1 and on a dell
2450 server.

I ended up moving the 30 websites from that machine to a Dell 4400 poweredge
server (Same Nics as other server) but I decided to install RedHat 6.2 (same
server I have on a 4500 server running 500 web sites + same NICS)

Since doing that that server has not had a hiccup (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!!!) in
close to 3 weeks!  the 2450 is still online but has no traffic to it.  it as
well has been online for 3 weeks.  I am not sure where to begin in saying
what the problem could be as thge differences between a 2450 and and a 4400
or 4500 server could be very different.  Could it be hardware? Possibly
Could it of been redhat 7.1? possibly.

I even tried new sycld drivers, I even ran the Intel Drivers.

On the RH 6.2 servers both are running 1999 drivers by becker and one other
guy.,. all seems to be running fine.

Jim