[eepro100] IPSec support on i82550

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon Oct 28 17:16:00 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 cc@embeddedwireless.de wrote:

> To: eepro100-admin@scyld.com
> Cc: becker@scyld.com

You really wanted to mail this to "eepro100@scyld.com".
This reply will go there.

> Sorry for the MIME email, Outlook has it's own life !

I hand filter any HTML mail, in part because it breaks the digest and
archives, but mostly because spammers use HTML.

> Still I want to know why Intel doesn't provide the docs for the 82550
> chip, especially for the 3DES engine !
> If you know somebody at Intel who can give some detailes about this
> issue, I would appreciate your help.

I would sure like to know someone at Intel that would provide the
datasheets.  But Intel will not release current programming information
on the basic Ethernet programming, let alone the advanced features.