[eepro100] Red Hat and eepro100 onboard stability

Shaiful shaifuljahari@yahoo.com
Sun Oct 6 21:55:01 2002

Hi,

I'm using eepro100 with PIII(server+workstation) and
P4(workstation) running Red Hat.

The first thing you should do is to download the
eeepro-diag.c from scyld homepage and disable the
sleep mode.  Just compile it and run with -ee
argument, it will tell you what command to run for
turning off the sleep mode.

However, I found that Linux with onboard eepro100 is
not really stable for both   PIII and P4.  Sometime it
hangs and dmesg shows that I have spurious interrupt
and I'm not sure what those meant.  I've reported to
the mailing list but nobody reply.

If you running any kind of server I would suggest you
use external PCI based card. You can get second hand
3Com NIC around US$10 or may be less than that.

Regards,
Shaiful